Humble Area Retired Teachers Association is offering scholarships to Humble
ISD educators. The purpose of the HARTA Educator Scholarship Program is to
provide opportunities for educators to improve their skills and build their knowledge
that will in turn, increase their effectiveness.
Eligibility: Applicants must be employed by Humble ISD for at least three (3) years
and must meet one of the criteria below to qualify for this scholarship:
• Work in a classroom as a teacher or a para-educator; or
• Work as a counselor, librarian, academic lead teacher, administrator, or
other school staff who has direct contact with students in an educational
• Work in a district department that provides direct educational support
to classroom teachers.
Scholarships will be awarded up to $500 per applicant, sent directly to the institution or
professional development provider, and will support the following:
• Tuition for pursuing an advanced degree that will further your career in education
• Alternative teaching certification for para-educators
• Professional development workshops, institutes, or conferences (scholarship
will only cover registration expenses)
If you have any questions about this scholarship opportunity, please contact Susan
Burroughs at firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline to submit an application for this scholarship is Monday, December 2, 2019.
Scholarship recipients will be notified by Friday, December 13th.