The Foundation awards more than $300,000 each year to teachers, programs, and departments around the district for creative and innovative educational projects that drive student achievement. The Foundation funds innovative, creative projects that enrich student learning experiences and support the district’s mission of developing each child intellectually, artistically, emotionally, physically, and socially so that all students are lifelong learners, complex thinkers, responsible global citizens and effective communicators.
Steps to Submit an IE Grant Application:
- Before submitting an application, read through the Innovative Education Grants Manual and the 2019 Innovative Grant Application Questions. Both of these resources will provide a clear overview of the application process and collaboration needed to submit this grant.
- New users, create a login for grant portal. Returning users may log in with existing credentials.
- Gather all required signatures and complete required documents.
- Attend Innovative Grant workshop or Open –shop days (listed below) prior to submitting your application.
- Submit Application and all required documentation, including grant budget by Sunday, February 24, 2019.
Additional Resources and Forms can be found here.
Application Blind-Review Process:
All completed applications are reviewed by the grant review committee. The committee is composed of board members, community volunteers, and other non-staff representatives. Each application will be evaluated by three review committee members before the winning grants are selected.
Because it is a blind review process, we ask that you do not list your name or campus name unless it there is a field on the application that asks for it. When you are describing your project in all other areas of the application, please do not include identifying information such as your campus name. You are welcome to describe your campus (Title 1, etc) but just don’t list the exact campus name.
Prize Posse: May 3, 2019
On this day, non-instructional district staff, donors, and grant review committee will load school busses and visit schools to award grants. Participants surprise winning educators and students. If you submit a grant this year, please make sure you are at school on May 3rd. We don’t want you to miss seeing the Prize Posse!
Upcoming Grant Writing Workshops & Open-shop days:
|Workshops||Date / Time||Place||Registration Link|
| I.E. Grants||Jan. 17. 4:30-5:30PM||ISC, Room 1040||Register Today!|
| I.E. Grants||Feb.4 4:30-5:30PM||Collab Ctr. Room 106||Register Today!|
Regsiter for these workshops in Eduphoria.
|Open Shop Days||Feb.4 -Feb. 8, 2019||Admin Building||Call for appointment|
Your contact person during this application process is Humble ISD Education Foundation Resource Development Coordinator Melinna Lopez. Please contact her at Melinna.Lopez@humbleisd.net or 281-641-8141.